I completely respect your personal information and only ever ask you for the information I really need from you. I look after it in the same way I’d want mine looking after – keeping it secure and only sharing it with others when absolutely necessary to deliver my service to you. Please be assured that I’ll never share your information in any other circumstances, nor will I sell it on elsewhere.
THE DATA I COLLECT (AND WHY)
In order to provide and deliver my services, I collect a variety of data which I manage fairly and securely. This data may include:
- Your full name(s)
- Email address(es)
- Home address and postcode
- Addresses and postcodes of your wedding venues
- Mobile phone number(s)
- First names of key friends and family members for group photographs
Of course, being a photographer I also take and manage photographs as per our contractual agreement.
I use the above data to respond to enquiries and speak with you about your plans, to turn up in the right places on your wedding day, make sure I have photographs of all the people who are special to you and finally deliver your finished photographs. I collect it on the basis of consent (when you enquire about my services and would like to know more) and to fulfil a contract (if you decide to book me for your big day).
WHICH THIRD PARTIES I SHARE DATA WITH (AND WHY)
Your personal data is kept in a GDPR-compliant studio management software called Light Blue. This software enables me to keep track of my bookings, and if you decide not to book me your data will be erased as I periodically remove old enquiries.
Your finished set of photographs are stored on Pixieset, my online gallery software, so that you may access and browse your images through a password-protected gallery, and Dropbox, for the purposes of backing up data. Depending on which of my services you would like, a small selection of your photographs may be shared with my print lab and album production company for the purpose of creating printed products for you.
Only the information needed to photograph your day (first names, wedding date, addresses and names of friends and family members) will be shared with my second photographer if I am working with one on your day.
HOW I KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE
The two computers that I work and access your personal data on are password-protected and stored in my home behind two locked doors, as are my encrypted hard drives upon which I store photographs. My studio management software is further password-protected and only accessible by me.
In the (very) unlikely event of a criminal breach of my security, I will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data was involved in the breach, I will also inform you.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- The right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- The right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to block or suppress the processing of your personal data
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- The right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
REQUESTING YOUR DATA OR ASKING FOR ITS ERASURE
If you’d like to see a record of all the data I have on you, please email me any time and I will be happy to help. You also have the right to ask me to delete all your personal data, but if I’m working on your upcoming wedding I’ll need this information to ensure I can do my job! Afterwards, you can always ask me to delete your information, but I’d recommend that you allow me to keep and archive your photographs in the event you lose your copy of them and you’d like a replacement copy (something I am always happy to do without hesitation).